Tuesday 22nd January 2013.
- 2237hrs We received a call from the Voluntary Sector Coordination Group contact, to ask if we could help with a request from the local health board. The request was, a nurse, working for the complex care team, required a 4 x 4 vehicle to pick her up and get her back home at approx. 0730hrs on the 22nd. The address was only Aberfoyle at that time. It was agreed that the Corps could undertake this task. VSCG coordinator would confirm the details in full with the health board and pass on the information.
- 2242 IRC Regional Coordinator informed of the request and it was agreed that he would attempt to get a second member as crew in case of snow.
- 2300 Andrew Goldie confirmed as second member.
- 2337 From VSCG details of pick up confirmed.
- 0530 Andy and Willie mobile to Stirling then for Gartmore.
- 0634 In attendance.
- 0647 IRC members help a member of the public get car out of estate as snow on road.
- 0730 Nurse on board and returning to Stirling.
- 0821 Nurse at car and team returning to homes.
- 0903 Stand down.
Team: Andrew Goldie, Willie McMartin – Mileage 77miles.
Stand-by for NHS Forth Valley
25 January 2013
The Corps was contacted by Donald Park, Chair of the VSCG in Central Scotland, and were asked if they could provide a 4 x 4 vehicle and crew to stand by at Forth Valley Royal, Larbert from 1900 on 25th January 2013.
It was agreed and contact details re the out of hours nursing team were passed to IRC. The cover would consist of Willie McMartin and David Dawson with a Toyota Hilux 4 x 4.
1900 on site at Larbert and after the nursing staff had decided on the workload the team departed with 2 members of staff from the nursing team. They travelled from Larbert to Airth and then onto Slammannan visiting patients. The evening presented few challenges other than poor driving conditions and all visits programmed were easily achieved.
A total of 57 miles was covered.
Transport District Nurses For NHS Forth Valley
26 January 2013
The Corps was contacted by Donald Park, Chair of the VSCG in Central Scotland, and were asked if they could provide a 4 x 4 vehicle and crew to transport District Nursing staff around the Hillfoots on 26th January 2013.
It was agreed and contact details were passed to IRC. The cover would consist of Robert Barrie and his brother with an Isuzu 4 x 4.
0830 on site at Alva and after the nursing staff had decided on the workload the team departed with 2 members of staff. They travelled from Alva to Menstrie, Tulibody, Coalsnaughton, Dollar, Muchart, Tillicoultry, and then to start points.
A total of 61 miles was covered.
To feature any part of our stories in your own publications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1324 665 011